A Managers Role And How He Gets Paid (Beginner)
Welcome back to “How To Be Ready For A Music Manager” series. Where we will be going through music management at a really basic level for beginners. What a music manager does. there are 2 different types of duties a good modern day music managers dose. Managers play a role in the careers of recording artists, songwriters, and musicians. but I have broken it down to a few duties that there would do for all of them.
Managers are involved in advising artists on all things related to their careers as an artist. Today, the role of the manager has a much more hands-on approach on the development of their clients so they can reach fans directly. Managers also Traditional look for Record and Publishing deals. It may still be better for some artists, managers offer their clients different revenue in areas of sponsorship, branding, merchandising, and/or licensing. The managers job is to help figure out which deals that are right for their clients’ and help run independent operations that can fit into their long-term career plans.
Managers sometimes manage the income and expenses of the client. managers take care of making payments to musicians, (background singers, roadies, tour managers,) on behalf of the artist. They also sometimes help in the areas of savings, taxes. Many artists are not very good at the tax obligations that relate to their performance, licensing, sponsorship, recording, and merchandise income. Good managers help their artists organize their money while also some time assisting with savings.
How The Artists manager Gets Paid
A manager gets a percentage of all earnings Normal 20%, but this is all down to the work they do for you.
So check out the next post where i will be going trough “Top 10 Tips On How to get a Great Music Manager (Slideshare)” the third post in the “How to be ready for a music manager series” By Jack Thomson From Roman Republic
Introduction – Are you Ready (Beginner)
- Who am I as an artist ?-What do you want to be represented as (in other words what do you want people to say about you as an artist)
- What’s your style ?-What do you wear.
- What’s your USP ?-Whats your unique selling point
- What’s your lifestyle ?-What do you do in life what’s your story ?- what do you listen to, what are you passionate about
- Do you have a way to showcase your talents ?-Where can people see your songs or other media (social media)
We all know of The Source magazine, Its one of hip hop’s long lasting news outlets. I personal Remmber opening my frist issues, the cover was fresh and the design was crisp.
I loved Reading The Source.
So here are just 5 of our many favorite covers here at RR
- Dr DRE
2. Slick Rick
3. (B.I.G) Biggie
4. Kendrick Lamar
Welcome to a other mens must haves
This week we have 10 things that should be in your back pack
So lets jump in
1. LEATHER TOBACCO CIGARETTE PACKET LIGHTER HOLDER CASE
2.DAVEK MINI UMBRELLA
3. Mini Lint Roller
4. Nylon Fabric Storage Holder/Wallet/Case/Bag/Organizer for USB Flash Drives & HDD/Power Bank/SD Card
5. 24K Gold Plated Playing Cards
6. The Original Shot Flask – 8oz Hip Flask with a Built-in Collapsible Shot Glass
7. Hand Towel
8. Famixyal Portable Mini Travel Sewing Kit
9. Tide to go Instant Stain Remover Pen
10. Plackers Micro Mint Flossers 90 Count
11.EVERNOTE SMART NOTEBOOK – ONLINE EXCLUSIVE
? – a note that can be scanned in to your phone