Introduction – Are you Ready (Beginner)
How to be ready for a music manager, so you want to be managed, well you need to know if you a ready. My name is Jack Thomson from Roman Republic which is a music management and production company. Welcome to the “how to be ready for a music manager” series. I will be going through all month talking about music management at a really basic level for beginners that are new to the music industry and want to be to get a manager.
But today I am talking about are you ready so I will be breaking it down.
You need to ask
- Who am I as an artist ?-What do you want to be represented as (in other words what do you want people to say about you as an artist)
- What’s your style ?-What do you wear.
- What’s your USP ?-Whats your unique selling point
- What’s your lifestyle ?-What do you do in life what’s your story ?- what do you listen to, what are you passionate about
- Do you have a way to showcase your talents ?-Where can people see your songs or other media (social media)
Music Management is about the development of you the artists but if you the artists don’t know who you are then how can they develop anything. Managers need a talent and an image to base their development. Most managers don’t want to start artist from scratch they want to take artists that are ready to take the next step in the career.
This is just an introduction so I am keeping it pretty basic as this is only the first step.
Get all this written down and start writing songs and more importantly talking to people, Everywhere you go talk to someone about what you do and your talent.
It’s more effective than you think most people most of the time will like talking to other people. I bet everybody’s probably told you about networking, you have to network, well networking is just talking to people.
So check out the next post where i will be going a little bit deeper with “A Managers Role And How He Gets Paid” the second post in the “How to be ready for a music manager” series By Jack Thomson From Roman Republic